Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Good-bye Brixton Prairie!




Good-bye Brixton Prairie!

I leave tomorrow to bike across America!

I will miss you!





I remember when we first saw Brixton.

Flat green lawn.

Boring







One year ago you were just a handful of seeds.







Last summer - a few flowers...




Winter - a bit of shelter and seed for the birds...





We waited through March...







Easter...










April...





May - a few leaves stretching to the blue sky....







...a few tentative buds.







Late May - the buds swell...







petals begin...








opening...




bursting...




Colors!





And life!






A haven for wildlife...








...and excitement for Kitty!






Al and I will see incredible beauty as we bike across America this summer...




Oceans...





Mountains...

But no place will capture my heart...










more than this little patch of prairie...




at Brixton

in Indiana.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I love how you write Helen. So heartfelt and makes me long to be back home again in Indiana!

Good luck on your upcoming ride across America! I'll be following your journey with great interest!

Marilyn McKechnie said...

I read your blog first thing every morning. Good luck!! You are such a good writer a well as rider!!!!