Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My White Bike




A girl's gotta look spiffy if she's gonna bike across all of America.

So it's time to take away that gray!




My steel-gray Serotta had carried me 35,000 miles and she was looking a little worse for wear.




So my bike, Ripley, got a new paint job!




Now she's a sparkly white with springtime green trim.

Ready for the road.



Frank knew I hated to be away from her so he even came in on his day off to re-build her after her beauty treatment.


I rushed in to get her....

... and then I couldn't ride her!

She looked so pretty waiting there in the den with her spokes gleaming in the light.

How could I take her out on a miserable day?




I could just sit and admire her new colors while Phoenix bore the brunt of the weather, the dust, dirt and grime, etc...



And when I finally built up the courage to take her out this lovely Monday, we had a crisis!
Her cycling computer didn't work!

I cannot bike a centimeter without my Cat-eye!



So we rushed her to BGI where Troy worked diligently to restore her functions.

I think we wore out that Cat-eye.

35,000 miles was all it could handle.

So new Cat-eye and we were ready for the maiden voyage....






A beautiful bike to carry me across America!







-wink-

4 comments:

KC SW said...

awww Ripley is so pretty now! she looks like a brand new bike!

Unknown said...

Thats a Beautiful paint job! Enjoy!

Cameron said...

White looks great! happy to hear you have put 35,000 miles on her and recondition instead of re-purchase. i have a 1987 cannondale and it rides like new thanks to reconditioning endeavors.

Unknown said...

I put 10,000 miles on my Cannondale before my husband bought me the Serotta. Old Blue (the Cannondale) is now being ridden by one of Al's friends in Los Angeles.