Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Technology for the Bike Ride - Part 3 - The Backpack







I need a new backpack.

The old one is falling apart.

And I need it to carry a laptop for the bike ride across America.

I love my old backpack.



Twelve years ago I gave up a purse when I became a bike commuter.



This old backpack has been with me everywhere.
It has seen rain and cold.
It has been tossed, lost and re-found countless times.

It has been slept on and packed with tons and tons of books.

It is time to retire.










So we went to the Apple store and told Kari - we need a laptop and a backpack to carry it across the country this summer.

It also needs to carry food, because I eat a lot...

Clothes, because I wear a lot...

And lots and lots of books!

Kari said go to Eddie Bauer to get the Adventurer backpack

Lifetime guarantee.



It carries the 15 inch laptop in a padded pocket with a side access.

Lots of storage for clothes, food and books.

And, most important...










...kitty likes it.

6 comments:

KC SW said...

remember that ancient red backpack?? lol do we have a pic of that somewhere? that was like the original backpack. and gooood kitty =D he likes new things to sleep on =P

Katie said...

Do you plan to take your laptop by bike each day or include it with your luggage on the ABB van?

Unknown said...

During the tour I plan to have the laptop/backpack in the van.

How are you handling your laptop/blogging?

Unknown said...

KC, I had forgotten the old red backpack. That was many many years ago.

Katie said...

I searched all over your blog trying to find this old post, and I could not find it! Thanks for the link. Going to check out the Eddie Bauer website now. They're my dad's favorite brand!

Unknown said...

I started a new section - Gear for the Ride to help find posts like this one.

One caveat on the backpack - my old blue pack by Kelty was made specifically for bikers. It had a really cool lined pocket right inside the top flap for your sunglasses.

I really miss that pocket in my new pack.

But then the old one didn't have the laptop pocket.