Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits!

















Okay, I'm a day late.

My father had a tradition/superstition that the first words you should say in a new month were rabbits, rabbits, rabbits.

I don't know if this is some obscure Wisconsin lore or if my Dad made it up.

There are actually 2 theories how this works...

1. If the first words out of your mouth this month are rabbits, rabbits, rabbits, you will have good luck this month.

2. If I say Rabbits, etc.. to you before you say it to me I steal your good luck for the month.

This second, more competetive version is the one my family has picked up.

And in this world of technology, we greet each other every month with various emails, texts, and facebook postings of rabbits, rabbits, rabbits.



By the way, it doesn't work if your fingers are crossed.

5 comments:

KC SW said...

RABBITS RABBITS RABBITS i win! =D <i)

Unknown said...

I had my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_rabbit

I love wikipedia

KC SW said...

awesome link was trying to look that up! =)

Unknown said...

Wikipedia is amazing. I was surprised, though, that their article didn't mention Dad. I still think he started it.