Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Don't hurt me, car!








You are so big...
and i am so small.

You are so fast, and even with my "cute little legs churning away" (my father's expression) I only go 20 mph. Tops!





What looks like a wide open shoulder to you, may be full of gravel and shattered glass to me.

A pothole that may give you a little bump would pop my tire.

When I have been churning away for 60-70 miles and the adrenaline has run out - when the lactic acid builds and my mind has turned to jelly - just a sudden yell or swoosh could topple me into the shoulder or worse!

And when the driver thought it was funny that day to throw a can of beer at my back as I was struggling against a fierce headwind....

Or the time a driver coming towards me threw a super-sized cup of cola straight at my handlebars....




Don't hurt me, cars.

I'm not hurting you.

3 comments:

KC SW said...

pretty sure that car wasn't planning on running you over =P its dad in his tiny highlander lol

Katie said...

I can't believe people threw things at you! I'm mad!

peter said...

Know the feeling, hate cars that persist at speeding past, acouple of feed away. Giving their rear view mirror a tap or sitting in front of such cars at lights probably doesn't help the situation. I've never been big on talking though!