Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Land - Part II




In case you missed it, Part I was called The Real Beginning.




So in Part II Tom and I, now parents of 4 children under the age of 6, have just bought 12 acres of land out in the country.

Immediately we were smitten with desire for the next 8 acres!

You see, our 12 acres was shaped like an L. Nestled in its arms was 8 acres with a woods. And I wanted it.

Problem was...it belonged to Janet.

Now I never met Janet but I suspected she was crazy. I heard for example...

1. She wanted to deed this land to her dog.
2. She was a member of the Millionaire's Club.
3. She was filing for bankruptcy.
4. She had entered the FBI protection plan.

I have no idea how much of this was true, but I knew her land was beautiful and would round out our acreage into a nice 20 acre rectangle.

Maybe being distracted with the new baby and all, I don't remember how it all occurred, but somehow before the end of the next year - despite the dog and the FBI - we had purchased this additional 8 acres.


Now what were we going to do with it?
Post a Comment